Rothbury Wilkinson Insurance Brokers Ltd was established in 1997.
We are committed to providing an excellent standard of independent professional service through the ongoing training and development of a highly motivated, creative and skilled team of brokers. Solid client and underwriter relationships are established giving a full appreciation of our client’s business risks and allowing us to implement risk management plans that are unique to our client’s individual needs. Our Company and people take pride in ongoing leadership and in developing products and programmes that set precedents in insurance management.
In 2014 we partnered with Rothbury Insurance Brokers, New Zealand’s 4th largest broker. Rothbury Insurance Brokers is a majority owned NZ company with branches across the country.
The partnership means Wilkinson Insurance Brokers is now a member of the Steadfast Group. Comprised of 306 brokerages with over 500 offices, the Steadfast Group generated over $5 billion in insurance sales in FY14. This scale gives Steadfast enormous buying power, flexibility and influence when negotiating with major insurers on behalf of Steadfast brokers.
Steadfast membership will give Wilkinson clients access to:
- Client services such as the Broker Assist service
- Professional development including
- Steadfast Campus on-line learning and the Steadfast Convention, the biggest general insurance conference in Australia
- Resources including tailored product packages and compliance tools
“Sustainable development integrates concern for social, economic and environmental issues and involves thinking broadly about objectives, taking into account long term as well as short term effects, assessing indirect as well as direct effects and taking extra care when changes brought about by development might be irreversible”.
Triple bottom line reporting integrates environment, economic and social issues. Rothbury Wilkinson are working towards a triple bottom line including social, ethical and environmental matters as part of our day to day culture. This methodology provides an insurance policy for the sustainability of our world, to ensure future generations enjoy the quality of life we have today.
This is carried out in a number of areas such as:
- Within the community by donating all office equipment no longer required to local community groups.
- Supporting education and job training and development of all staff.
- In the environment by waste management; reducing, reusing, and recycling waste. Also we have initiatives in place to reduce energy consumption.
- Helping employees, with employee assistance programmes, equal opportunities and fair remuneration.
- With suppliers by utilizing local suppliers, developing long term purchasing relationships.
- For shareholders, corporate governance, well managed, ensuring a good rate of long term return to shareholders and clear long term business strategies.
Some specific examples of where we endeavour to minimise our energy use and waste are:
- We have an integrated office copier/printer scanner which reduces energy and material use.
- It is company policy that all Computers are turned off overnight.
- All lighting is turned off outside business hours.
- We recycle all paper and printer cartridges
We have recently introduced Ferret Software into the business. Please refer to www.ferretsoftware.co.nz for more information on the paperless system.